NATURE CORPS, NATIONAL PARK SERVICE AND CALIFORNIA STATE PARKS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND GENERAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY
THE PARTICIPANT AGREES TO ASSUME ALL RISK BY AGREEING TO THIS GENERAL RELEASE. YOU ARE GIVING UP CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS BY AGREEING TO THIS DOCUMENT. READ IT CAREFULLY.
I acknowledge that I have been invited by Nature Corps, its Program sponsor/s, the National Park Service, and the California State Parks, to voluntarily participate in the Nature Corps’ Volunteer Program (herein referred to as the “Program”) to maintain, restore and beautify the National and State Parks.
I AM AWARE THAT THE PROGRAM WILL INVOLVE RISKS AND HAZARDS BECAUSE IT WILL REQUIRE TRAVEL, STRENUOUS OUTDOOR PHYSICAL WORK, AND THE USE OF SHOVELS AND OTHER POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS TOOLS. NEVERTHELESS, I AM VOLUNTARILY PARTICIPATING IN THE PROGRAM WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THE RISKS AND HAZARDS INVOLVED AND I AGREE TO ASSUME ANY AND ALL RISKS OF PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH.
As consideration for being permitted by Nature Corps, the National Park Service and California State Parks to participate in the Program, I agree to release and forever discharge Nature Corps, its Program sponsors, the National Park Service, and the California State Parks from any and all claims for property damage, personal injury or death resulting from The Nature Corps, the National Park Service and the State Parks ACTIVE, PASSIVE OR CONCURRENT NEGLIGENCE that I or my heirs or other legal representatives may have as a result of my participation in the Program. This release shall include Nature Corps officers, directors, agents and employees and their NEGLIGENT ACTS AND OMISSIONS. I intend this release to be a general release and I do not reserve any claim, right, cause of action or demand of any kind.
In consideration for being permitted to participate as a volunteer in the National Park Service and California State Parks’ Volunteer in Parks Program and The Nature Corps Volunteer Program, I, herein referred to as the Participant, and my personal representatives, assigns, heirs and next of kin or either of them:
1)Hereby Releases, Waives, Discharges and Covenants Not to Sue The Nature Corps, its Program sponsors, the National Park Service or the California State Parks and each of them, their officers and employees, all for purposes herein referred to as Releases, from all liability to the Participant, his personal representatives, assigned heirs and next of kin for all loss or damage and any claim or demands therefore, on account of injury to the person or property or resulting in death of the Participant whether caused by the negligence of Releases or otherwise while the Participant is driving to, either in their own vehicle or when carpooling, working on, or participating in the National Park Service and California State Parks Volunteer in Parks Program and related Nature Corps programs.
2) Hereby Agrees to Indemnify and Save and Hold Harmless the Releases and each of them from any loss, liability, damage or cost they may incur, including reasonable, attorney fees, due to the presence of any action of the Participant and whether caused by negligence of the Releases or otherwise. The Participant expressly agrees that the foregoing Release, Waiver and Indemnity Agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by law and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding continue in full legal force and effect. The Participant warrants the following statements are true and correct and understands that the Releases have relied on them to enter into the foregoing Release, Waiver and Indemnity Agreement and in giving the Participant permission to work on, or participate in The Nature Corps Volunteer and Educational Programs and the Volunteer in Parks Program.
3) Herby Agrees that the Outing officially begins and ends at the location(s) designated by The Nature Corps and if the Participant decides to leave early and not to complete the Outing as planned, the Participant assumes all risks inherent in the decision to leave and waive all liability against The Nature Corps arising from that decision. Likewise, if the leader has concluded the Outing, and the Participant decides to go forward without the leader, the Participant assumes all risks inherent in the decision to go forward and waive all liability against The Nature Corps arising from that decision.
4) Herby Agrees that The Nature Corps shall not be liable for: (a) expenses such as hotel, meals or travel and en route, prior to, or following a trip, (b) expenses incurred in recovering belongings left behind on a trip, or in shipping purchases or other goods home; (c) bodily injury or property damage for any reason, including but not limited to acts of God, weather, quarantines, strikes, civil disturbance, theft, default, detention, annoyance, changes in government regulations, terrorism, or other circumstances over which The Nature Corps has no control.
5) Herby Agrees The Nature Corps is not responsible for any loss, material or otherwise, incurred while following a group leader’s directions or during a Nature Corps event.
6) Herby Agrees that The Nature Corps Program does not include carpooling, transportation, or transit to and from the Outing, and I am personally responsible for all risks associated with this travel.
7) Herby Agrees, that The Nature Corps reserves the right to take photographic or film records of any of our trips, and may use any such records for promotional and/or commercial purposes.
8) Herby Agrees that no oral representations, statements or inducements apart from the foregoing written agreement have been made.
9) The Participant, individually, is fully aware of the risks and hazards inherent in working on, upon or in the National Parks, California State Parks, or in the great outdoors, or in any campsite, or in any Park Facilities and hereby elects voluntarily to drive to, either in their own vehicle or when carpooling, work on, or participate, knowing the present condition and knowing that said condition may become more hazardous and dangerous during the time that the Participant is driving to, either in their own vehicle or when carpooling, working on, or participating in the program. The Participant individually hereby voluntarily assumes all risks of loss, damage, or injury that may be sustained by him or her, and any damage to any property of the Participant, while driving to, either in their own vehicle or when carpooling, working on or participating in the program.
The Nature Corps, National Park Service and California State Parks Photo Release Form
For good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, I hereby give to Nature Corps, the National Park Service and the California State Parks, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective successors and assigns (“The Nature Corps, its Program sponsors, whether one or more, the National Park Service, and the California State Parks, and those acting upon its authority, permission to copyright and publish a photograph or illustration of me or a photograph or illustration in which I may be included, including edited versions, for use with the Nature Corps, its Program sponsors, the National Park Service, and the California State Parks, and any fictitious names, for lawful, purposes associated with any publication, including but not limited to the internet and/or the Nature Corps, the National Park Service, the California State Parks and Program Sponsors’ websites and electronic newsletters.
I hereby waive any right that I may have to inspect and/or approve the finished product or the galley copy that may be used in connection therewith.
I hereby release, discharge, and agree to save harmless Nature Corps, its Program Sponsors, the National Park Service and the California State Parks, their successors and assigns, all persons acting under its permission or authority or those for whom it is acting from and against any liability attributable to any blurring, distortion, intentional or otherwise, that may occur or be produced in taking of said picture, or in any processing tending toward the completion of the finished product, unless it can be shown that they and the publication thereof were maliciously caused, produced and published solely for the purpose of subjecting me to conspicuous ridicule, scandal, reproach, scorn and indignity.
Tuition Costs, Refunds and Cancellation Policies
This program is not federally subsidized and we rely on the volunteer’s tuition costs to cover the expenses associated with the expedition. There is limited space available on these expeditions. To complete your reservation the tuition cost/s listed by each trip will be deducted from your account using the credit card information you provide.
If you withdraw from a project less than 60 days before an expedition is to begin, regardless of the reason, the balance of your tuition cost will be refunded to you at the following rate:
Refunds will not be made under any circumstances nor for any reason once an expedition is underway.
Transfers between mainland expeditions are possible up to 15 days prior to the departure date, but after that will be treated as a cancellation. Transfers on the Hawaii expedition are dependent on lodging availability.
All expeditions are contingent on a minimum number of participants. The Nature Corps reserves the right to cancel an outing for insufficient enrollment and to change the class location, date, time or instructor. If cancellations or changes occur, The Nature Corps will notify participants as far in advance as possible. Full refund will be made if participants cannot attend as a result of a change in an outing schedule.
Trip Cancellation & Medical Insurance:
We strongly recommend volunteers take out trip cancellation and traveler’s medical insurance. Your travel agent should be able to give recommendations of insurance carriers. Please note that your travel arrangements are subject to the terms and conditions of the travel agency through which you make your booking. The Nature Corps can take no responsibility for any cancellation or amendment penalties that may arise. On rare occasions that expeditions have to be canceled by The Nature Corps, we will refund your entire tuition Fee. However he The Nature Corps is not responsible for non-refundable airline or other tickets or payments or any similar penalties that may be incurred. It is your responsibility to protect yourself against airline and travel agency cancellation fees by taking out appropriate travel insurance. We strongly recommend that you purchase trip cancellation and traveler’s medical insurance.
Lodging accommodations are based on double occupancy. A single supplement is paid by participants who specifically request single hotel or lodging accommodations, and is subject to availability. If you are traveling alone and wish to share accommodations, we will try to match you with a roommate. The single supplement, if available, will be charged in addition to the tuition cost unless otherwise noted.
Tuition costs help The Nature Corps cover the direct expenses associated with your participation in the expedition, as well as the overall costs of planning and implementing the expedition. As a participant, during the dates of your expedition you will be provided:
Air Fare or transportation costs to the assembly point, ground transportation (except on the Hawaii and Channel Islands expedition), medical treatment or emergency expenses or personal expenses of any kind. The Nature Corps is not responsible for medical expenses incurred during transportation to and from the outing or while on the expedition.
We strongly encourage you to obtain private travel and accident insurance for the duration of the expedition. Emergency transport, medical or hospitalization costs resulting from illness or accident on the way to the National Parks or California State Parks and during the Program is the responsibility of the person receiving such care and/or their parents/guardians.
HE/SHE HAS READ AND VOLUNTARILY AGREES TO THESE RELEASES AND WAIVER OF ALL A LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, WITH FULL KNOWLEDGE THAT RELEASES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO THE PARTICIPANT REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE; and I acknowledge my participation is at the discretion of The Nature Corps, its Program sponsors, the National Park Service, and the California State Parks.
The information I have provided on the application is true. I have read and understand the above agreements and agree to abide by the terms outlined in these agreements and release of liability. I UNDERSTAND THAT I AM ASSUMING ALL RISK OF PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH AND I AM GIVING UP IMPORTANT LEGAL RIGHTS BY RELEASING NATURE CORPS, THE PROGRAM SPONSORS, THE NATIONAL PARK SERVICE, AND THE CALIFORNIA STATE PARKS, FROM LIABILITY FOR NEGLIGENCE BY VOLUNTARILY AGREEING TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. Payment of my tuition/registration fee represents my acceptance of the above terms and conditions.
You may be asked to sign these documents as part of the onsite registration process.
I hereby authorize Nature Corps to charge my credit card the amount associated with the voluntour I have selected through this online registration process.
If, after a payment by credit card, you later dispute the charges, unless prohibited by law, YOU AGREE NOT TO CANCEL, REVOKE, CHARGEBACK, OR DISPUTE ANY PREVIOUSLY ENTERED CHARGE ON YOUR CREDIT CARD. If you do so, and it is later determined that the charge was properly authorized, you agree to pay all out of pocket fees and costs incurred by Nature Corps as a result of the improper cancellation, revocation, chargeback, or dispute.
I certify that I am the holder of the above credit card. I authorize Nature Corps to debit my credit card for the services and goods it renders and I agree to all of the above terms and conditions.